Thursday, February 3, 2011

Star Gazing
Whether you are into astrology, an avid star gazer, or just someone who appreciates the view on a warm summer night there is something magical about the stars.  The mere idea of them blows me away and when I am lucky enough to catch a glimpse of a shooting star I truly believe that anything is possible.  Up until now I have always thought that my little piece of Pennsyl-tucky, as so many friends at college like to call it,. had the best view of the stars.  Living in the middle of nowhere, with little light pollution really lets the night sky shine in all it’s glory...but never would I have guessed that the view could get better. ..
This past weekend, on Saturday night, after eating a delicious dinner with key lime pie for dessert (which was quite the treat because just the other day we were all talking about how much we missed real dessert...or as our friends from Scotland call it pudding) Lauren, Deirdre, Kit and I laid out on the beach at 10 o’clock and were blown away by the beauty of the night sky.  I have never seen so many stars in my entire life.  It was like being in the best planetarium on the planet, only with more stars that were brighter and they looked like they went on forever.
We stayed there for an hour...contemplating life, or whatever it is we’re all living right now, because it definitely doesn’t feel like real life.  And just taking in the beautiful view.  With absolutely no light and very little regular pollution to cloud out the sky there was so much to oh and awe at.  And we were all lucky enough to see a shooting star...magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment